How to be a good spouse in marriage?
What can you do to be a good married spouse? First, you need to become a sane person. Calmly perceive various life problems and circumstances. Treat criticism adequately and what your loved one says. For example, if your spouse says something you don’t like, refrain from arguing. After all, if you want peace and tranquility to reign in the family, you need to find a compromise in everything and try not to stir up conflicts.
Sanity helps maintain peace in the home, which is an important ingredient in a successful marriage. When peace reigns in the home, it is more likely that conflicts will be resolved without quarreling or resentment. Therefore, try to be harmonious in relationships, love and respect your partner.
1. Show love
It may seem odd that a married person should be reminded to show love in marriage. But we should remember that love passes very quickly. And not all marriages are based on love. Some people marry for profit, or for the prevailing life circumstances. If you want to be a good spouse in marriage, then you need to love your partner. And loving your partner means much more than just a kiss when you leave for work. There are several ways to show love to a person.
- A wife can show love for her husband by acknowledging his dominance in the home. This is important because a husband can have a lot of emotional turmoil during his working day. He often experiences various types of tension. Therefore, it is important that the house is the place that inspires him and gives him strength;
- A husband can show love for his wife by extending a helping hand at home, rather than treating her like a servant or housewife, forcing her to do all the household chores;
- The woman may also have problems at work. She can be mistreated and negatively impact on her mental health. Therefore, show love for her at home by soothing her emotional wounds, and often say encouraging words;
- Show decency, politeness and affection for your spouse;
- Live within your means and manage your finances wisely;
- Be supportive when life’s problems threaten your marriage;
- Pay close attention to how you dress. Try to match your partner and dress in his favorite colors, or the one that you and him like;
- Refrain from criticism and controversy. A good spouse always supports the partner’s opinion in front of other people, even if he or she says something wrong;
- Try to avoid sarcasm, bitterness, and verbal abuse when you are in a bad mood or angry;
- Accept your loved one for who they are. And you see it as an opportunity to better understand him or her.
2. Be loyal to your partner
You have to be a devoted person if you want to be a good spouse. You must make the decision that you intend to give yourself only to your partner. The manifestation of moral purity will not give reasons and grounds for doubting your loyalty. You should not dress provocatively or look too sexy. This is especially true for women who like to look good in public. You can wear sexy clothes at home to look attractive to your partner.
In addition, you should not go too often to various events alone. Behave with dignity, and do not give reasons for a loved one to doubt your loyalty. Being a good spouse in marriage means being faithful to your partner until death do you part. Therefore, you should strive to be faithful every day and every minute.
3. Be a positive person
When you are positive in your relationships with people, then it will lead you to happiness and harmony. One of the characteristics of a good spouse is that he or she does everything possible to avoid conflict with the other half. Therefore, I want to recommend one exercise for you so that you always remain a positive person.
4. Ideas for Brainstorming to Become a Good Married Spouse
In the beginning, marriage brings a lot of happiness and positive emotions. But over time, as more responsibilities appear, you only go to work, take care of the children, and visit relatives regularly. Your marriage is getting too boring. One woman I recently talked to has been married for 7 years. She says she cheated on her husband because she wanted to save the marriage. She said: “I love my husband very much. He is kind, treats me well, and takes care of children. But our marriage became boring. I want to have fun sometimes. And all he wants is to sit at home and just chat. I wanted to have something to stimulate me and make me happy. To fill me with joy and fun. Which is what another man suggested to me. That’s why I decided to change. ”
Therefore, one of the qualities of a good spouse is finding ways to bring happiness and pleasure to your partner. So that your marriage doesn’t get so boring to the point that one of you might resort to cheating. So if you want to save your marriage, brainstorm with your partner regularly. Sit down together and invite him or her to come up with ideas for how to improve your relationship. You can make a list of all the ideas that come to your mind. This will create a wide range of opportunities to bring fun into your life and make your marriage more interesting and fulfilling.
Be sure to write everything down. And when the opportunity arises, start to bring them to life. It can be anything. For example, in January you can visit another country. Take a ride on the lake together in February. In March, have a picnic in the botanical garden and so on. This will ensure the continuity of the fun, and both of you will be happy.
5. Be grateful
If you want to be a good spouse, then develop a sense of gratitude, which is what will make you a good person. You value everything you have. You are more likely to show love and make other people happy. Developing a sense of gratitude will help you understand your spouse better and show him more care and attention. How can you develop this feeling of gratitude?
- Memorize or write down five good things that happen to you at home every day.
- Write down five good things that happen to you in your workplace every day.
- List 10 good things your spouse says or does for you every day.
- Read them at the end of the day before going to bed. It will make you feel grateful and joyful that you have a lot of good things in life, and you will feel obligated to bring it back.
6. Try to make your partner happy.
If you want to be a good spouse in marriage, you must make a deliberate effort to keep your partner happy. You don’t have to wait for this, but start acting first. If you are waiting for your spouse to make you happy before you start doing anything, then you are not old enough. A good spouse is primarily concerned with making the partner happy. Knowing that making your spouse happy will give you satisfaction in the first place.
Do your best to be a good married spouse and work to improve your relationship. When you start doing at least something, your partner will notice it and will reciprocate. As a result, your relationship will improve. This will certainly take time and practice, but you must be willing to do it if you want your marriage to be long and happy.