How to increase libido in women, methods and advice from experts?
Libido is the scientific name for sex drive and sexual desire. According to statistics, about 85% of women at least once in their life faced the problem of low libido. 40% of women have regular problems in sex associated with decreased sex drive. In order to understand how you can increase libido at home, you need to understand the reasons that affect its level.
Why do women have decreased libido?
You may be required to increase your libido if the following factors bother you. The reasons for reduced demand can be divided into two broad categories:
- Physiological: diseases of the genitourinary sphere, pathologies of the development of internal organs, menopause, latent infections, decreased sensitivity of the genitals, the postpartum period, lactation, hormonal disorders, neurological diseases, anemia, vegetative-vascular dystonia, diabetes mellitus, taking certain types of drugs (contraceptive, antidepressants, antiallergic and hormonal drugs.).
- Psychological: overwork and stress, prolonged nervous tension, depression, individual personality traits of a woman (for example, self-doubt or low self-esteem), mismatch of temperaments of sexual partners, problems in relationships in a couple, psychological trauma (for example, after rape).
Impact of lifestyle on the level
A woman’s sexual satisfaction depends on the daily routine and lifestyle in general, on the level of psychological comfort. If you harmonize your state of mind, your libido level will recover immediately.
If you are experiencing a problem with low libido, try the following guidelines:
- Adjust your daily routine. You need to fall asleep and wake up at the same time. It is very important to get at least 8 hours of sleep every day to recuperate and give rest to the nervous system.
Evening walks are necessary every day. Best of all – in the company of a loved one. A walk will help you get new experiences and quickly tune in to a romantic mood. The more time you spend with your loved one, the stronger your relationship becomes.
- If there is an opportunity to change the situation and go on vacation, to the village, to the dacha – be sure to do it. Thus, you can fully relax, get new impressions and restore the nervous system.
- Allocating a short time to pamper yourself with a relaxing bath with aromatic oils at home will help increase libido. The oils have a beneficial effect on the nervous system and help to relax. The essential oils of rose, jasmine, neroli, patchouli, sandalwood and ylang ylang are powerful aphrodisiac. You can buy a ready-made essential oil blend at an intimate store and add them to a base massage oil (peach, apricot, coconut). Have your loved one give you a sensual massage.
- Start playing sports, dancing, or swimming. Physical activity improves the functioning of all body systems, improves mood. Yoga classes will help you not only to restore your physical shape, but also to maintain mental balance. There are a number of physical exercises that release muscle tension and increase the sensitivity of the genitals. It is preferable to do stretching, oriental dances and special yoga asanas at home.
- If you harbor a grudge against your partner, try to talk frankly with him. Suppressed negative emotions do not increase libido.
- Find something you like to do. A hobby allows you to spend your free time with benefit and interest, improves your mood and calms you down.
- Learn to enjoy pleasant little things, for example: contemplation of a beautiful sunset, a lilac bush blooming in the courtyard, the scent of your favorite perfume. Every day of your life is filled with little joys, the main thing is to be able to notice them.
Helpful Tips to Boost Your Libido
If the decrease in sexual desire is not due to physiological reasons, try the following recommendations to increase sensuality:
- Love yourself for who you are. Dissatisfaction with your own appearance and body makes it difficult to get full pleasure from intimacy. If your partner loves you, then it doesn’t matter to him what size your breasts are or whether you have cellulite. If your appearance does not suit you at all, try to improve it. Your goal is to gain self-confidence. As a result, these efforts will help boost libido.
- Diversify your intimate life: learn new techniques and sex positions, buy beautiful erotic lingerie, explore the range of sex shops. You may find warming lubricants or clitoral stimulants helpful. If your partner supports this idea, you can watch adult films with him. Try to have sex in a different way than you usually do. For example, on the kitchen counter or in the bathroom. Try role-playing games, master the technique of erotic massage. In a sex shop, you can buy a perfume with pheromones, which increases arousal. Experiment so you can increase your libido.
- One of the reasons for decreased libido is irregular sex and a mismatch in the biological rhythms of partners. In this case, increasing the time of sexual foreplay can help you. Talk with your partner more often about sex, about your desires and preferences. Don’t give up sex if you’re not in the mood or feeling tired. In an intimate life, as in a restaurant, “appetite” can come with eating.
- Try regular Kegel exercises for several weeks, which are aimed at strengthening the intimate muscles through their rhythmic tension and relaxation. The result of such exercises will be an increase in the sensitivity of the genitals and an easy achievement of orgasm. Judging by the reviews, such exercises after childbirth are very useful, when the woman’s body is changing.
- Study your body. Masturbation will help you become more sensual and understand where your erogenous zones are. Get into a comfortable position and relax. Close your eyes and think about what turns you on. Imagine and imagine the things that you really like. Stroke different parts of your body, listen to your feelings. Our body is full of mysteries: perhaps you will feel a pleasant warmth when you stroke your legs under the knees, the area of the collarbones or feet. Be sure to hint your loved one to massage these parts of your body before intimacy.
If you have not been able to increase libido on your own at home, medications come to the rescue. They should be prescribed by a doctor, depending on the characteristics of your body. It is very important that you do not prescribe any medications yourself, so as not to harm your health. This article has published a selection of the most effective ways to quickly increase libido in women.