The psychology of wealth and poverty, the causes of poverty.
It is believed that to be rich, you need to work hard. But a person does not always receive the bags corresponding to his work, and not everyone can keep the wealth that has “fallen on his head”. Some plow from morning to evening for a penny, while others are able to get hundreds of thousands in a few hours of work. Paradox? Maybe. But the point is not that the world around us is organized unfairly, but that poor people have a special psychology and thinking that prevents them from having a lot of money. Whether it is possible to change thinking and how to do it, you will learn from our article.
What is the psychology of poverty and how it works
Each of us has a lot of “cockroaches” in our heads that do not allow us to look at life differently. They “crawled” back in Soviet times, when it was believed that wealth is bad. Such attitudes not only among the generations who grew up in the post-Soviet space, but also among their children and even grandchildren. In their opinion, wealth can only be achieved by dishonest means, if you steal in wagons and millions, exploit ordinary people, and go for scams.
Many children who grew up in poor families repeat the fate of their parents, believing that “chickens do not peck” money only from dishonest people, “money is evil,” and so on.
What arises in the minds of the poor as a result? Condemnation and envy at the same time. On the one hand, they condemn the rich, believing that they commit unseemly acts, and on the other, they envy them. Many would like not to go to the hated work, have more fun, travel, eat lobster, and not herring under a fur coat on big holidays.
There are several characteristics that poor people have.
- The desire to show only the best sides, as if shouting “Look how cool I am!” Such people like to show off: to buy expensive gadgets, clothes, a car. They get into loans often without even thinking about how they will pay them off, and make the already difficult life even harder. After all, you have to deprive yourself of something else or get a second or third job in order to pay debts.
- Envy and hatred towards rich people. He envies the “bastards” driving around in expensive foreign cars. After all, he also wants to live in an expensive mansion, have a round sum in the bank, and not be afraid of the arrival of creditors or the fact that he will be fired from his hated job.
It is characteristic that poor people have friends with the same psychology, who consider money to be evil, but deep down they really want to have it.
They have no “rich” friends, nor can they have any. Nobody wants to be friends with a person who condemns you and envies you. If young people like to discuss and condemn everyone and everything, especially people who have achieved something in life, they have no goal, no guidelines and their path goes nowhere. If a person is determined that he will not have money, he will not have it. He believes that it is impossible to achieve something and realize his potential – expectations will come true.
A rich man and a poor man: what’s the difference?
The biblical words that everyone will be rewarded according to his faith are the best fit to the realities of life. Only one must bear in mind not faith in God, but faith in oneself and in the fact that a person will have everything in which he sincerely believes. Believe that your business will go and your income will grow quickly – and so it will happen. Believe that you will have a strong family – too. Only this faith should be not only on a conscious, but also on a subconscious level.
No matter how skeptics scoff, a person is really able to control his desires and get what he wants.
Do you want to check whether you have a poverty psychology or not. Try it. A beautiful car drove next to you. How do you feel, think?
- Anger and annoyance. “Here are freaks, they stole, bought expensive cars.” Oh, I would like this! It is a pity that an honest person cannot make money on it! “
- Delight. “This is a car! I also want one and buy it. You just need to find a good job / implement all your plans / find like-minded people who will help you move forward. “
Try not to succumb to self-deception. The first feeling that flashed through is the truth, no matter how bitter it is. If you have negative feelings, then, unfortunately, you live by attitudes of poverty.
Even a very good psychotherapist cannot get you out of it. Until you yourself chase away all the “cockroaches”, your life will not change for the better. Acknowledge the problem first. If you say to yourself: “Yes, I want money, but so far I hate wealth and cannot cope with my attitudes toward poverty,” this will be the first step towards a new life.
Only then can you eventually overcome old stereotypes.
The Psychology of Poverty and Wealth: 7 Differences
Let’s look at the main reasons why a poor person cannot achieve wealth.
- Hope for a miracle. If it is impossible to earn money in an honest way, then it is easy to win in the lottery or in the casino. Do others win worse than me? This is what poor people think. It may be really lucky, but then his Majesty’s chance comes into play. Neither consciousness nor thinking in a person will change. And money that is easily received will be, at best, also easily spent. At worst, a person will go completely insane, as has happened more than once. But most likely people with low self-esteem will get nothing and will simply become victims of the rich scammers they hate so much.
- Inability to make savings and increase them. People with poverty attitudes do not know how to save money and increase their capital. Money for them is just a means of survival. Investing money in a business, starting a business is unacceptable for them. What if it doesn’t work out? What then? All the money will be lost, and we have saved so much! But you need to set yourself up for the fact that everything will work out and go forward.
- Fear of change. Most people have a standard program: get an education, start a family, raise children, get a pension. And that’s all. They work for a meager salary, tolerate the antics of their bosses, but are afraid to change something. Banal fear keeps them in place and prevents them from growing. What if it doesn’t work out? Will you have to be left completely without money and homeless, or will you have to return to your old place of work and endure even greater oppression? Sooner or later, a person stops growing and stops developing. And if something did not work out, he consoles himself with the thought: “Not destiny.”
- Ability to listen to intuition. Wealthy people have a so-called commercial streak, the ability to feel where and how you can get benefits. They seem to be poor, make money out of thin air. But almost every person possesses such intuition, only many have drowned it out in themselves, or do not trust it.
- Unwillingness to solve organizational issues and think creatively. If a poor person has made an invention that will make humanity happy, wrote a wonderful song, or some super-genius idea was born in his head, he will not be able to move it further. After all, this will require money, organizational skills and much more that you don’t want to do. Therefore, he always has an excuse: “Now, if I had money …!”. Even if the money were all the same, it would hardly have budged, since he does not want to take responsibility and solve problems. But it’s enough to get creative, and you don’t need a lot of money, and the idea will be easy to bring to life.
- Survival mindset. When a person lives only by thinking how to earn a living, he does not develop. But even in difficult life situations, you need to find time for rest and pleasure.
The desire to shift responsibility to others. When a person does not succeed in what he has outlined, he begins to blame fate, parents, friends, spouses and children for this, who do not allow to move on. But in fact, he is not capable of moving, he just does not want to admit it.
Psychology of rich people and 5 habits of the poor
How do rich people live? They don’t think about how others made money or how they did it. They are more concerned with the question of how to make money on their own.
Rich people are constantly improving, learning. They will not ask: why do you need this? Or why study when you are over …?
And they try to communicate with positive-minded people who do not complain, but take certain steps to improve their lives and the lives of others.
Unfortunately, the habits of rogue, which appeared in their youth and originate from childhood, are difficult to eradicate. What are these habits? Let’s consider some of them.
- Spend money without delay. Poor people have pay-to-pay money. Just enough to last from the beginning to the end of the month or week. When you have to buy a new refrigerator or choose whether to take boots for the eldest son or a bicycle for the youngest, problems begin. What kind of savings can we talk about here? People can hardly make ends meet and are unable to distribute a small budget. Even if “extra money” appeared: a bonus, a win, an inheritance, there is something to spend it on.
- Surround yourself with people on low incomes. People with the psychology of poverty surround themselves with the same people. How! He will have someone to complain about life, share failures and discuss “bad” uncles who dishonestly amassed wealth. If suddenly a classmate or former neighbor becomes rich, they leave the social circle. A poor person is afraid of such people, believes that they themselves do not want to communicate with him, therefore, there is no desire to maintain a relationship.
- Shake over old things. When a person is fixated on poverty, he is ready to keep old things and accumulate them until his house resembles a warehouse or even a dump. I would like to ask: why do they need a suit that they wore ten years ago? Why do you need an old lamp, donated a certain number of years ago? However, these things are stored in the hope that someday or someone will be useful. But in order to accept something new into your life, you need to free up space – get rid of old stuff, including psychologically.
- Save on everything. You need to save money, but within reasonable limits. People with low incomes are ready to go to the other side of the city to buy food and things for a few rubles cheaper, although money is spent on travel. It also takes time to devote to self-development. They do not gain anything, but they waste time and energy. But time is the most important resource. And above all, you need to bet on it. Isn’t it easier to buy groceries near your home and save 2-3 hours to learn English or get up professionally?
- Complain about life. The psychology of poverty implies that people love to complain about their failures, pouring out negativity on others. So, if there is a desire to get rid of poverty, communication with such friends will have to stop. Why do you need the opinion of pessimists who do not believe in their own strength and hate the world? They are too immersed in their own problems and do not even notice the opportunities that life provides.