Why are people lazy and how to overcome laziness?
If you ask people who a lazy person is, in most cases they will answer us – this is someone who does not want to work, although he is quite capable of it. Since I was often called a bum and passive person in the past, I think it’s time to talk in more detail about why people are lazy and reluctant to work. In my personal experience, people who perceive others as lazy were usually brought up under too strict conditions. They believe that if a person does not work, then he is lazy. Or the boss may require the subordinate to do more work, although he is in no hurry to pay extra for it. And if the employee does not want to do this, then he is called a bum.
Rest is important for us if we want to think creatively. Doing nothing is good for the human soul.
Why inaction and why people are lazy
- A person can work seven days a week from morning to evening. And after work, he has little time left to clean the apartment, or do other housework. He just wants to rest. So it’s a matter of priorities. We often make a choice in favor of what is more important to us.
- The person does not have the strength to get the job done. He may suffer from an illness that affects his ability to work and his physical activity. Eventually, people started to work so hard that they got various illnesses. They often experience stress and depression.
- Another reason why people are lazy may be the fact that they see no reason to do something. For example, if an employee is paid the minimum wage, but much more is demanded, then what is the point of doing that?
- A recent study in the United States has confirmed the following theory. Smart people spend more time lounging than their active counterparts. This reinforces the idea that people with high IQs are less bored. Which makes them spend more time thinking. And other people need to constantly do something. Because they need to stimulate their minds with external activities.
- Other factors that can lead to laziness are fear and hopelessness. Some people are afraid of success, or don’t have the courage to achieve anything. And laziness is one way to sabotage yourself.
- Other people are lazy because they find their situation so hopeless that they cannot even begin to think it over, let alone find solutions to the problem.
So, in many ways, laziness has to do with how people feel. It may well be that laziness is not the result of a special human trait. Rather, the fact that he does not have sufficient motivation to manifest the necessary energy. If there is no direct link between doing something and the importance of doing it, then it becomes less likely that the person will get the job done. People who don’t see any benefit in what they need to do are often lazy.
How to overcome laziness
For employers, the question of why people are lazy is one of the most pressing. Since they often have to deal with the inaction of workers in the workplace. They try to prevent their laziness and emphasize why the work they do is really important to the enterprise. And how they benefit the company. Others try to use criticism and keep wages to motivate their workers. But this method is less effective.
From this we can conclude. A lazy person simply does not have enough understanding of why he needs to do the work and put in the effort. If the purpose of doing something is not obvious, then it is unlikely that he will do it. Allowing people to see the benefits of getting the job done can help increase their willingness to complete the task.
If a person does not want to do something, that is his prerogative. He can live in disarray. But this is not because he is lazy, but because he lacks stamina. Or he prefers to do something else. People spend all day in bed not out of laziness, but because they lack the energy and motivation. I still often hear people say that people are too lazy to think. In my opinion, this is nonsense. A person either has a biological ability to think or not. Sometimes people simply have no choice about what they are capable of, or not capable of. I do not think that a person wants to be lazy, not to have money, family and all other benefits. I believe that such people experience physical or mental problems and are not able to think correctly.
Calling people lazy because they don’t do anything is wrong and often a misconception!
How to treat laziness
I have noticed that those who constantly think about why people are lazy and call everyone idiots look angry and aggressive. Personally, I don’t care if someone prefers rest over work. This is their life, and we only live once. Of course, if a person lies all day, and then asks me for money, I do not treat such people very well. At the same time, I am not a supporter of the need to work 16 hours a day. And then spend half of your salary on medicine for diseases.
Plus, it often happens that executives ask us to work overtime. This means they want workers to sell their time for next to nothing. Our ancestors spent decades fighting to escape from wage slavery. And now we are often told that something is wrong with us if we want a decent wage for our work. Although in reality they just want to control and manipulate us with the help of work and money.
Many people feel compelled to work 16 hours a day because of their ideology. And they feel deep resentment towards those who do not. Basically, they don’t want to work that hard. But going against your own opinion is extremely difficult. Therefore, they resent others for not working overtime. Such people just feel comfortable in this state. This is their choice, as well as the person who works 5 hours a day and earns the same, and sometimes more.
As we can see, laziness is not always a bad thing. You should not “rack your brains” and think why people are lazy and how to overcome laziness. If we are able to think correctly and manage our time, then spending time on rest can be much more than work.